As I sit in my apartment attempting to make fries in my kitchen without the whole thing catching on fire, there is only one thought in my head: I watch to much T.V. Why do I say this? Maybe it's the fact that I watch so much E! that I could probably write a thesis paper comparing the Jonas Brothers to Hanson. Or maybe it's the fact that the most exciting thing in my immediate future is Sunday night's Comedy Central Roast of Bob Saget. I have already had the privilege of seeing the former "Danny Tanner" perform live at the UMD to down-right disturbing results. But that's neither here nor there. The fact of the matter is that I need to find something else to do with my spare time. I've decided to leave out anything that has already been accomplished by the official older brother of the blogger. With that, guitar, medicine, surfing, rhyming, "mikvah"ing, painting, and anything involving Rebbe Nachman of Breslov all go out the window. So, without further ado, here is my list of potential hobbies:
1. Blogging. This one has clearly not gotten off the ground. The problem is in the inherent definition of the blog. I need something to write about. That's where the hobby comes in. Unless you're interested in that Jonas Brothers paper.
2. Jogging: Positives include the potential to be one of those hard-core 60 year olds who can jog like 10 miles and the ability to do one handed push-ups. Negatives include actually doing it.
3. Stand-up comedy: I actually started this one about a year ago. I have one joke. That is NOT a good pace.
4. Skateboarding: This has been a dream of mine since watching Marty McFly ride, and occasionally hover, through the streets of Hill Valley. The only real problem with this is that I would have to buy Airwalks, listen to Heavy Metal and idolize Tony Hawk. I'm not ready for that.
5. Fantasy Football Commissioner: This happened. And I'm excited.
6. Dance Lessons: If Jason Taylor can do it and keep his manlihood, then why can't I?
7. Golf: If I ever want to be successful in a profession where I deal with other people, golf would definitely come in handy. But if I can't putt a ball through a miniature farm house in my first three tries this is probably not the sport for me.
That's all I got. Any suggestions, serious or otherwise, are welcome.
I really want to get the "Friends" theme song out of my head.